[cvsnt] Re: 2.0.58d/mergepoints

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Sep 30 22:01:57 BST 2005

David Hauck wrote:

>>The whole bidirectional equivalence thing was put in a couple of years
>>back by someone who badly needed it...  I've done a great many merges
>>since and it's never merged the wrong code or missed anything, so it
>>does its job...
>

> Very cool.

Thinking about it though there are places where bidirectional
equivalence would cause problems.. in practice it actually doesn't, so
I'm probably oversimplifying what it actually does (it's only an extra
couple of lines of code, so if it was really felt to be a bad thing it
could be removed again I guess).