[cvsnt] CVS Log command of diffs only

Stuart Stevens stuart_stevens at sierralogic.com
Tue Apr 4 01:31:45 BST 2006

I would like to get a log of all checkins between TAG1 and
TAG2 not including TAG1 and including TAG2 if it is not the same revision as
TAG1.  Specifically I am looking for any commits after TAG1 and not after
TAG2.  The diff command effectively does this.  Is there a CVS "log"
revisions option that would give the revisions between and including two
tags and then removing the first tag?

I suppose that I could use "-rTAG1::TAG2" syntax and then remove the first
tag from the result for each file.

Example 1:

1.2
1.3  TAG1
1.4
1.5  TAG2
1.6

I would like to generate a log with 1.4 and 1.5 only.

-rTAG1:TAG2  will generate 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5
-rTAG1::TAG2 will generate 1.4

Example 2:

1.2
1.3 TAG1, TAG2

No entry would be generated as the tag would be excluded because TAG2 and
TAG1 are the same.