[cvsnt] Re: Lost keyword expansion setting after multiplemergeswith added files

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Thu Apr 6 08:15:10 BST 2006

Hello Bo,

thank you, for your patience and support!

Am Mittwoch, den 05.04.2006, 18:25 +0200 schrieb Bo Berglund:
> C:\3RProj\Bosse\Test\CVStests>cvs update -r BRANCH_AES -jHEAD cvstest
> cvs [server aborted]: no such tag BRANCH_AES

> As you can see the file is still binary for me...
> And the error persists concerning the tag.
>
> The tag BRANCH_AES *does* exist in the *repository* in a completely
> different location of course.

Hmmm, this is strange. Okay, you don't have the problem with the binary
sticky option because the merge causing the option to be lost never runs
due to the unknown tag issue.

I remember that the tags are checked against a file CVSROOT/valtags in
this situation. And I think I have seen situations with old versions of
CVSNT, where the valtags file wasn't updated. If you used this
tag/branch name inside this repository before, it should be in the
valtags file. If not, and you have used it with a recent version of
CVSNT, this may be another issue?

Best regards,
O. Koltermann