[cvsnt] Re: AuthoR is always 'Guest' Why?

DukeCharlie dukecharlie at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 20:46:22 BST 2006

"Glen Starrett" <glen.starrett at march-hare.com> wrote in message
news:e1jdna$j4k$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
> DukeCharlie wrote:
>> I have set up a sspi server with CVSNT, thanks heaps to Wiki. However
>> when I commit files from a different PC the author comes up as 'Guest',
>> though I login as a different name. Can someone explain why?
>
> You are probably either using XP Home or you have XP Pro with "simple
> networking" enabled.  Search for "simple networking XP cvsnt" and you
> should fine more information.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Glen Starrett

Glen,
thanks heaps for your reply. turning simple sharing (in folder's options)
did not fix this problem. Actually I turned the welcome screen off and made
XP Pro look like old NT, but that did not fix it either. Wiki recommends
(strongly) to use sspi, sadly it seems this 'Guest' problem won't let me do
that. I am using pserver now, even though Wiki does not like it. Any
suggestions? I already spent 2 long nights learning this and I am doing it
for my own pleasure. I must be crazy. By the way I may write a simple dialog
box to set up these servers, any docs any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks heaps again!
Charlie.