[cvsnt] Re: How to get rid of protocols

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Fri Apr 21 14:01:55 BST 2006

Glen Starrett wrote:

>> can I assume that the info output shows me what is actually available?
>> Or is it safer to use the older method of renaming or deleting the
>> protocol DLLs?
>
> You could just try it to find out.  If you do a "cvs -d
> :pserver:username at server:/repos login" and get a successful login then
> you know the protocol is active.

I got a prompt:

e:\>cvs -d :pserver:user at server:/repos login
Logging in to :pserver:user at server:2401:/repos
CVS Password:
cvs [login aborted]: bad auth protocol start: BEGIN AUTH REQUEST

Is that the correct response in the case of a not supported protocol? I'd
have expected something like "protocol not supported" or so :)

Gerhard