[cvsnt] Reg: htpasswd command not found

Dhanasekar dhanasekar.palanidoss at kumaran.com
Mon Apr 24 09:19:10 BST 2006

Hi,

 I have installed CVSNT in Linux AS3 and Configured.When i try to create cvs
users using htpasswd it showing htpasswd command not found. Here i am
displaying how i install and configured cvsnt. Kindly help on this.

Installation of CVSNT on LINUX

1. Download the latest CVS (cvsnt-2.0.18.tar.gz) from <http://www.cvsnt.org>

2. Untar it using command

	tar -zxf cvsnt-2.0.41a.tar.gz

3. Then browse into the directory cvsnt-2.0.41a. (using command => cd
cvsnt-2.0.41a)

4. Then install using the following commands

a)	. /configure
b)	make
c)	make install

5. Then create a file called “cvspserver” under the directory /etc/xinetd.d/

           Type the following contents in “cvspserver” file

service cvspserver
{
        disable = no
   port        = 2401
   socket_type = stream
   protocol    = tcp
   wait        = no
   user        = root
   passenv     = PATH
   server      = /usr/local/bin/cvs
   server_args = -f --allow-root=/cvs/sample pserver
}

Then restart the xinetd service

6. Create user called sample
	useradd sample

7. Create a directory called “/cvs” under root directory

8. Create repository for each project by executing following command

    for sample
	cvs -d  /cvs/sample  init

	chown -R sample:sample sample

9. Create cvs users for each project by executing the following command

1st User:
                   htpasswd -c passwd sample

2nd User:
	     htpasswd passwd sample1

{
Note: 1. This passwd file will be under the directory
 /cvs/sample/passwd

10. Once you create cvsuser an entry will be available in passwd file.
 below given is the entry of passwd file for cvsuser sample under the
directory /cvs/sample/

sample:b09SR/5Y8y9JA.

In the above file sample:b09SR/5Y8y9JA

sample is the cvsuser
b09SR/5Y8y9JA is the encrypted password for the cvs user that u create.

Edit this file and add “:<sample>” in the end of the line, As shown below.

sample:b09SR/5Y8y9JA:sample

In the above line
sample is the cvsuser.
b09SR/5Y8y9JA is the encrypted password for the cvs user that u create.
sample is the OS user, which we create .

Thanks & Regards,
Dhanasekar C.P
Executive- System Admin,
Kumaran Systems,