[cvsnt] History Enabling

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Tue Aug 1 10:26:40 BST 2006

Alexander Zoernack wrote:

> are there any HOWTO outside that describes how to
> install/adjust/manage the audit feature on a linux server?

This is where Arthur will plug the CVS eBOOK that March-Hare sells.

Its fairly easy to get things up and running on Linux (and one day I should
really do a proper HOWTO - donations of Lavazza coffee will defiantly
encourage me to do so sooner rather than later).

Meanwhile, the gist is:

In the cvsnt tarball, you'll find the necessary SQL (IIRC in triggers/sql -
my gentoo ebuild puts these into /usr/share/cvsnt*) to generate the needed
tables - you'll need to replace %PREFIX% in the file as appropriate before
you use them (For postgresql %PREFIX% will be your Schema - and after
creating your tables you will want to apply some permissions to those
tables).
Tweak /etc/cvsnt/PServer with the database connection details.
Enable audit in /etc/cvsnt/Plugins

BTW, my own preference is to use PostgreSQL under Linux... its nice and
powerful, stable as heck, and with something like phppgadmin so easy to
administer.

Greetings from (rainy!) Luxembourg,

David.