[cvsnt] update problem branch

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at system3r.se
Tue Aug 1 19:43:22 BST 2006

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:26:19 -0700 (PDT), majieke K
<pieketoe at yahoo.com> wrote:

>We are using wincvs 2.0.0.2 and cvsnt 2.5.1.1990.

You are running a way old and not stable CVSNT! Please update to the
most recent stable and then repeat your sequence. Probably fixed.

> It was working fine till afew days ago. If we are nowediting say revision 1.2.4.5
> in a branche with as sticky tag the branch and not revision and we commit we
> get revision 1.2.4.6 in the repository. Only if someone updates the branche he
> is not getting this new revision.

At one time a long time ago (maybe around build 1990) I also saw this
strange behaviour where the sandbox simply would not update to the
latest revision even though there were no sticky tags present. Later
on in the development cycle this problem disappeared...

>  If we use log we can see the revision, with status it is not saying
> 'update needed' what we should aspected, but we get with status "up to date".
>  We only get the revison with the revision number as sticky tag.
>  On the graph the revision are beneath each other and we can' see a difference
>  between revision 1.2.4.4, 1.2.4.5 and 1.2.4.6.
>  We do not have a tag on the revisions.
>  We only get the revsions with the branch name. It looks like that the new
> revision is not belonging to the branch but nothing has been change on the server settings.

Try with a more recent CVSNT build.

/Bo Berglund