[cvsnt] Acl's Problems and Questions

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 00:39:44 BST 2006

Can I create an acl to prohibit writes to all files in a directory except
one, without specifying every file individuallly?

I tried by setting the following:
"freya" is the top level module
"coderepository" is the directory in questinon
"coderepository_current.sql" is the one file which I want to remain
writeable in this dir.

acl1= cvs rchacl -a read,write,create        -u mygroup freya
acl2= cvs rchacl -a read,nowrite,nocreate -u mygroup
freya/impl/sql/sqlServer2005/coderepository
acl3= cvs rchacl -a read,write                  -u mygroup
freya/impl/sql/sqlServer2005/coderepository/coderepository_current.sql

This did not work.  Should it?  Acl's 1 and 2 work fine, but acl 3 does
not.  2 appears to prohibit 3 from working.  I do not think I can use wild
cards in an acl can I (i.e.  dir\*.sql)?  This directory (coderepository)
has about 6 .sql files.  Do I need to prohibit write access to each of these
separately?

Thanks for any help
Mark