[cvsnt] manage file links with cvsnt

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Wed Aug 2 10:30:54 BST 2006

Real.Magic at gmx.de wrote:

> I want to manage my Cross-Toolchain for Linux development (from
> buildroot.org) with cvsnt. The toolchain extensively uses links to files
> and directories. I could not add them AS LINK to the repository.
> While committing, everything looks fine. But after deleting the original
> directory and checking out again, all links are real files.

IIRC, cvsnt doesn't do anything special with links, so it will simply treat
the file as if it was a file, rather than as a link.

> Is there any (script?) solution for this?

Don't try to add softlinks into your repository... instead, get your build
process to automagically create them for you.

A more cvsnt way of working is to use modules/modules2 to effectively add
shadow directories in your sandbox.

--
David Somers