[cvsnt] manage file links with cvsnt

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Aug 2 16:02:08 BST 2006

Jörg Model wrote:

> As far as I know, SVN can do such a thing on linux (no warranty), which seems to
> be a nice feature, but then it's not cvsnt anymore.

There have been versions of cvs in the past that could do that but it caused
issues & as far as I know no shipping version currently does that.

To handle versioning links you have to solve things like how to merge them (a
link can't conflict) and how to handle files that is a link in one version and
a file in another.. plus whether to prohibit links outside the sandbox (for
security.. you don't want someone to create a link to /etc/passwd) or even if
links outside the current directory make any sense since you might checkout
just that directory.