[cvsnt] Number of current users

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Fri Aug 4 20:24:43 BST 2006

Woytasik Joe wrote:

> Hi, Just wondering if any of you know of a way to determine who is
> currently using the CVSNT server?  We are having a problem in which a
> satellite group claims they can only connect 12 developers at any given
> time.  So is there a way to tell who is logged into cvsnt?  Are there
> any auditing, monitoring, logging tools available right now?

Connections from the client to the server are not persistent... they only
happen when you do a cvs command and closes afterwards... so saying only 12
can connect at the same time does seem rather odd and is probably nonsence
(are more than 12 people *simultaneously* issuing cvs commands?)

It would help if you had details of just what the error is and what your
environment is. If its a satellite group, its probably something to do with
the network connection... if using VPN there's probably some userlimit
thats being hit.

If windows, look in the event log for any system messages.
Similarly, for linux check your logs for any pertenant messages.

On Windows use TCPView (from sysinternals) or on linux netstat to see what
connections are active on the server.

David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever