[cvsnt] Securing pserver on CVSNT: tunneling with ssh

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Thu Aug 10 21:40:55 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> David Somers wrote:
>> Out of curiosity I put together a proof-of-concept proxy... and it
>> works! :-)
>>
> Damn.. beat me to it..

What can I say: I was bored, high on caffeine (sponsorship in the form of
vast quantities of Espresso Point Creme & Aroma would be appreciated, lol),
and felt like doing some protocol munging :-)

> Probably an easier to use solution than extnt I think... especially with
> the requsite GUI for Windows users.

Actually, it doesn't need a GUI since it (ab)uses the root connection string
to indicate the remote host required... thoughts on that most welcome.

I had a bit of time so I put up some information about it and made it
available via http://www.omz13.com/cvssproxy.

Effectively you can start it up and it will, pardon the fun, work
transparently.

BTW, at the moment its a console app, since its a proof-of-concept (and its
a lot easier to debug that way too)... but there's  no reason why it can't
evolve into either a systray app or a full-blown service.

David