[cvsnt] MSI installer error for custom install

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Tue Aug 15 08:58:35 BST 2006

I tried the latest CVSNT testing release 2.5.04.2403 via the MSI
installer today.
So first I uninstalled the existing CVSNT server I had installed via the
Inno installer.

Then I ran the MSI installer and selected Custom because I wanted the
install dir to be c:\Programs\CVSNT because of the configurations I have
done in other applications like WinCvs.

So I went into the browse for install dir dialogue and changed the
default "C:\Program Files\CVSNT\" value to "C:\Programs\CVSNT\".
After the install finished there were *no files* in this directory and
WinCvs did not work anymore and I could not find the CVSNT service in
the Services applet either. Very strange...

After some detective work (that is not yet finished) I found that the
MSI installer had deposited files into the dir
"C:\Programs\CVSNT\CVSNT\"!!!
Therefore my settings for WinCvs etc were broken.

Why does the insteller not install to the custom dir I have specified??
Is this intentional or a bug?
`
And why does the service not install and show up in the
AdministrativeTools/Services applet??

Best regards,

Bo Berglund