[cvsnt] MSI installer error for custom install

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Aug 15 17:26:43 BST 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:05:57 +0200, David Somers <dsomers at omz13.com>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> Now someone (Tony?) has fixed the Wiki Download links so there is a
>> server type MSI as well.
>
>I'd suspect he's behind it.
>
>> Will check when I get home.

Now home and the original problem still applies. If I select "Custom"
install and then try to set the directory into which to install CVSNT
it fails! It installs to a *subdir* named CVSNT in the folder I select
in the dialogue. So to install to C:\Programs\CVSNT I have to select
C:\Programs. It also means that it impossible to change the name of
the final folder during install...
Some Custom settings.....

>Tony? Can you clarify the build tool requirements?

I have now updated my sources and loaded the solution into Visual
Studio 2003 (which I happened to have installed). As I am speaking it
is building the solution. But at a snail's pace...
What a difference to Borland Delphi! I could have built my similar
sized applications 15 times over with the Delphi environment!

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)