[cvsnt] MSI installer error for custom install

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Tue Aug 15 18:06:36 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
>>I have now updated my sources and loaded the solution into Visual
>>Studio 2003 (which I happened to have installed). As I am speaking it
>>is building the solution. But at a snail's pace...
>>What a difference to Borland Delphi! I could have built my similar
>>sized applications 15 times over with the Delphi environment!

Ok. So it works with VS2003... but I'm stuck at VS2002 (I got really tired
of paying to upgrade just to fix bugs and get a bunch of features that I'm
never gonna use).

[snip]
> Where is the oci.h file located and what is this stuff about the
> winrel\tmp\bat0000fe.bat file? I don't get what it is supposed to
> do....

oci.h is an orcale header.

This is one reason why I tend to use cmake to generate makefiles/workspaces
for VS6, etc... in cmake I put all the logic so my makefiles/workspaces
don't do dumb things like trying to compile in oracle support when oracle
isn't installed.

Cheers,

David.