[cvsnt] Sticky option (-ko) permanent or only on in working directory?

Nick Duane nickdu at msn.com
Fri Aug 18 11:52:50 BST 2006

While adding files to my CVS repository I found some files had keywords in
them.  I didn't want them expanded (third party source) so I put the file
back to its original state and did:

cvs update -ko <file>
cvs commit -m "..." <file>

When doing a cvs status <file> it didn't show the sticky tag as being set.
When I executed the same two lines above again the sticky tag did show up
when executing status.  I then deleted my sandbox and checked out the
project again.  It didn't appear as if the sticky option was set on this
file after I checked it out.  Is this the case?  If so, how do I turn off
keyword expansion for this file forever, for me and everyone else who checks
out this file?

Thanks,
Nick