[cvsnt] Sticky option (-ko) permanent or only on in working directory?

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Fri Aug 18 16:21:58 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> David Somers wrote:
>
>> I'm talking about a cvsnt server mirroring a vanilla cvs repository...
>> not a vanilla cvs server mirroring a cvsnt repository... it works most of
>> the time... except when the repo uses those certain keywords
>> (LocalKeyword and KeywordExpand) and cvsnt starts throws back config
>> errors.
>
> Even then it wouldn't work - things like loginfo and taginfo have
> different calling parameters... not to mention the completely different
> ways of handling things like edits.
>
> If you want to mirror a cvshome repository use a cvshome server.

So basically compatibility (as far as CVSROOT is concerned) between cvshome
and cvsnt doesn't exist... and compatibility for everything outside CVSROOT
(the rcs files) is a one-way street from cvshome to cvsnt.

FWIW, for read-only mirroring its not too much of a problem (just an
inconvenience) to hack CVSROOT from cvshome to cvsnt so cvsnt can host the
mirror.

David.