[cvsnt] file corruption using CVSNT against non-CVSNT

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Fri Aug 18 18:50:22 BST 2006

Paul Balmforth wrote:
>   How does the client determine arguments to the 'Kopt' request at import
>   time, before files have ever been checked out? It must parse and
>   evaluate wrapper wildcards against filenames.

It collects them from the server.
It also picks them up locally from any .cvswrappers files and from the
CVSWRAPPERS env var.

(BTW, if you ever want to check that your cvswrappers will wrap binary files
correctly you might want to play with my checkcvswrappers tool from
http://www.omz13.com/prj/checkcvswrappers)

[snip]
>   I have two CVSNT servers set up here. One is 2.5.02.2088 (Servalan), the
>   other is 2.5.03.2151 (Scorpio). The problem reproduces for me against
>   Servalan but not Scorpio. However, we have a customer who is complaining
>   of the same issue in Scorpio and even 2.5.03.2260, so this seems to
>   relate to the configuration or environment rather than the build number.

Probably an invalid wrap setting somewhere.

>   Having extended my client for the 'Kopt' request I'm performing two
>   identical test runs of import and changing only one parameter - the
>   argument to the 'Kopt' request. If passing 'Kopt b' everything works
>   nicely, but 'Kopt -kb' leaves the file corrupted.

Try using -ttt to increase the trace level and see what's happening... allow
the client to trace the server too... it might give a clue as to what's
happening (or you may be unlucky and need to go into the cvsnt code and add
a bit more trace output)

David.