[cvsnt] -kB option problematic?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Sat Aug 19 03:16:13 BST 2006

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
> What I found surprising is that it doesn't work but is allowed. Shouldn't a
> command that doesn't work (like deleting a revision that changes the
> storage type) be caught and rejected?

The admin -o code predates the existence of storage types..  probably
even expansion options (back in history - when we were still tracking
cvs 1.11 - it didn't work with binary files at all... corrupted them
every time).

It's such a rare occurrence it's really not worth spending any time on
(well there isn't the time to spend on it.. there are only 7 days in a
week, and a long list of things to do) - in 5 years you're the first one
to have even noticed, and I've known about the potential issue for 3 of
those..