[cvsnt] Moving a repository

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Aug 23 14:52:08 BST 2006

well,
provided the old server was also CVSNT and at the same approximate
version and
that you want to have the same kind of scripting etc, then I suggest
that you
do the following:

1. Copy the entire repository folder tree from the old to the new server
   You can place the copied repository anywhere on the new server's file
system.

2. Use the CVSNT control panel to add a new repository and then use the
button
   to the right of the "Loaction" panel to navigate to the top folder of
the copied
   repository (the one with the CVSROOT subfolder)

3. Set the Name property to the name used on the old server (something
like
   /projects or similar) and check the Publish and Online checkbuttons
   the lower left

4. Now go over the script files in the CVSROOT folder and edit those
that
   need to be changed because of the new server environment.
   (Check out CVSROOT and edit in the sandbox, then commit the edits.
   Never edit directly into the files in the repository!

5. Now at the clients you could just use a macro to change the CVS/Root
files
   in checked out sandboxes to reflect the new server.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund