[cvsnt] strange ext->sspi authentication failures as a function of client version

Nathan Ferris nferris at speakeasy.net
Fri Aug 25 23:17:28 BST 2006

David Somers wrote:
> Nathan Ferris wrote:
>

>>David Somers wrote:

>>>Why are you running SSPI via EXT? Just use SSPI normally (cvs -d:sspi:
>>>.... or set CVSROOT=:sspi:...)
>>>

>>I am using netbeans, which does not support the sspi protocol directly.
>> Netbeans does, however, support the ext protocol.
>

> Ah, ok.
>
> Or you could use my cvssproxy (http://www.omz13.com/cvssproxy) to do pserver
> to sserver proxying... which involves less things happening so less chance
> of things going wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion David; I will go check it out.

Even if it works, though, we are merely sidestepping the problem.
Something has changed since build 1927 that makes the ext->sspi protocol
not work (at least in the situation I listed above).  ext defaults to
sspi if no protocol is specified so this is clearly something that is
supposed to work.  I looked through the changelogs and didn't find
anything that jumped out at me as being an obvious problem.  Perhaps
someone familiar with the code knows what the problem is?

thanks,
Nathan