[cvsnt] sspi & watch

Artem Rodygin arodygin at rhonda.vl.ru
Tue Aug 29 10:51:06 BST 2006

Greetings,

We use CVSNT 2.5.03 (build 2260) on our repository via SSPI protocol (to
enable domain authentication) and met an issue with watchers feature. If
we perform checkout or update locally, then all the "watched on" files
are retrieved read-only as expected. But if checkout or update is
performed via :sspi: authentication then "watching" is ignored and files
are retrieved writeable anyway.

Example:

> cvs :sspi:server:/repository watch off somefile.txt
OK: 'somefile.txt' is not watched now

> del somefile.txt
> cvs -d C:\repository update somefile.txt
OK: 'somefile.txt' is retrieved writeable

> del somefile.txt
> cvs :sspi:server:/repository update somefile.txt
OK: 'somefile.txt' is retrieved writeable

> cvs :sspi:server:/repository watch on somefile.txt
OK: 'somefile.txt' is watched now

> del somefile.txt
> cvs -d C:\repository update somefile.txt
OK: 'somefile.txt' is retrieved read-only

> del somefile.txt
> cvs :sspi:server:/repository update somefile.txt
ERROR: 'somefile.txt' is retrieved writeable

Both server and clients are Windows. Issue is reproducable with both
TortoiseCVS (1.8.26) and WinCvs (2.0.3.1) even the WinCvs "files
attribute" global option is set to "read-only".

Could anybody help us with the problem? I did not find any reports
regarding this at Bugzilla.

Best regards,
Artem