[cvsnt] CVSNT Lock Service Not Working

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Wed Aug 30 13:32:41 BST 2006

If you previously have installed CVSNT on that same machine using the
InnoSetup installer that was distributed with WinCvs or Tortoise or in
fact CVSNT 2.0.58 and earlier, then you will have all kinds of trouble
when you use the latest MSI installer from Mach Hare.

You actually have to UNINSTALL CVSNT first completely and restart your
PC.
Check that there are no cvs services running.
Also check that noone is listening on ports 2401 and 2402.
(use "netstat -a -p tcp" in a command window to list all TCP ports and
look for these ports among the LISTENING group.
If you find any of these then you have to fix that first.

Then install again using the CVSNT MSI installer and I bet that all will
work fine.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund