[cvsnt] Ubuntu Edgy - cvsnt installed but no sserver available

JBarry at decaresystems.ie JBarry at decaresystems.ie
Wed Dec 13 13:40:40 GMT 2006

I'm relatively new to both the Linux platform and cvsnt. We have a CVS
repository that can only be accessed via CVSNT, normally through Eclipse on a
Windows environment. I have been experimenting with creating a Virtual Ubuntu
image with Eclipse pre-installed for development purposes but I am having a hell
of a time trying to connect to the CVS repository.

I've downloaded CVSNT and installed using alien. Everything seems to be
installed, even the sserver.deb file. But when I try the following

cvsnt -d :sserver:myname at myserver.mydomain.ie:2222:/javarepo login

I get the following message

cvsnt [login aborted]: the :sserver: access method is not available on this
system

Can anyone help with this and point me in the right direction. Is there any SSPI
support available on Linux?

Sorry if my question doesn't make sense but as I said, I am relatively new to
both technologies.

Thanks much in advance,
Jay