[cvsnt] cvs problem

Chris Allen chrisa at matrixscience.com
Tue Dec 19 16:06:18 GMT 2006

Hi Jürgen,

> I just read your mail thread about getting troubles doing cvs commits:
> cvs [import aborted]: received abort signal
> cvs: import.c:583: process_import_file: Assertion `entdata->options[0]
> == '-' &&
>  entdata->options[1] == 'k'' failed.
>
> I get the same problem on my ubuntu 6.06 server without cvsnt, with cvs
> 1.12.9; on my windows server with cvsnt 2.5.03 it worked.

Yes, the problem relates to using the GNU CVS backend with a CVSNT client.

> How did you get your problem solved?  The thread stops without the
> solution...

Did you see my subsequent post on 2006-09-18 (subject: "Re: Can't import
binary files with std cvs backend"):
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.cvs.windows-nt.user/3166

I never saw a response to that post and I haven't had a chance yet to
see if anything has changed in the latest 2.5.04 build.

Regards,
Chris