[cvsnt] CVSNT with SSH Client from Attachmate (RSIT)?

bobbogardus at bunnydidit.com bobbogardus at bunnydidit.com
Thu Dec 21 21:40:17 GMT 2006

Hi,
I solved the "No such host" by removing the double-quotes from the CVS_EXT command.
(I think the double-quotes were required for Win2K, but now I'm on WinXP and it works without them.)
 SET CVS_EXT=C:\PROGRA~1\Attachmate\RSecure\ssh.exe -H unixserver -l %u %h

HOWEVER, RSIT ssh still hangs.
Would CVS hang if the ssh client is modifying the end of line characters?

It appears that RSIT ssh is modifying the end-of-line characters (changing 0A into 0D0A).
I issued an "ls" command on our unix server and I see the converted characters.
Running "cvs version", I see that CVS executes a "cvs server" command through ssh.
ssh connects but then hangs.

I tested another ssh client (F-Secure v5.4) and it DOES work with CVS on our systems.
I confirmed that F-secure's "ssh2" command does NOT alter newlines from the unix server.

Thanks.
Bob