[cvsnt] Re: performance problems

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Wed Feb 1 17:09:54 GMT 2006

Actually, I tried it with antivirus both on and off and it doesn't change
the performance at all. I notice the AV exe not shooting to the top of the
proclist in task manager when I'm doing checkouts, but not much else
changes.

Brian

             Glen Starrett
             <glen at starretthom
             e.net>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  cvsnt at cvsnt.org
             cvsnt-bounces at cvs                                          cc
             nt.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cvsnt] Re: performance problems
             02/01/2006 11:46
             AM

bwhicks at aep.com wrote:
> Why is there such a disparity between these? Under some conditions
(server
> load?) the checkout on windows seemingly never completes. What could be
> causing this slowdown?

Most likely it is realtime anti-virus scanning the CVS files while they
are being manipulated locally.  Try uninstalling AV or disabling it on
your sandbox area (NOTE: with some AV disabling on certain areas only
suppresses messages and doesn't actually stop the scanning).

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett