[cvsnt] [CVSMailer] 2 questions

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Feb 2 10:02:30 GMT 2006

I am the one developing CVSMailer and I have a mail link on the
CVSMailer webpage for this kind of information exchange. No forum, I'm
afraid.

Concerning your issues:

1. Committing user not in the users file
I will see what can be done, I thought thta it was already handled.
What is the CVSMailer version you are using? It is visible in the footer
of all emails sent by CVSMailer.

2. Issue tracker links
Maybe I could have separate CVSMailer.ini sections for the different
repositories?
Or I could add a new admin file CVSROOT/cvsmailerissues in which the
valid settings could be stored?
Both of these seem to me a bit cleaner than having separators in a
single set of configs.
I am now leaning towards something like:
[IssueTracking]
UseIssueLinks=1
UseCVSROOTconfig=1

and the CVSROOT/cvsmailerissues would contain:
[IssueTracking]
IssueUrl=http://myserver/mytracker/myissues/WGS-<number>
IssueReference=[WGS<number>]

etc

This way you can fine-tune the settings on a per repository basis

What do you think?

Best regards,

Bo Berglund