[cvsnt] Local Security Authority cannot be contacted

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Fri Feb 3 18:49:16 GMT 2006

I have a user who has been complaining that he fairly regularly (but
intermittently) gets the following error message:

Local Security Authority cannot be contacted

this prevents him from connecting to the server for around a half hour or
so.

The server is cvsnt 2.5.02.2099 on Redhat Linux ES3.6 and the client is
Tortoise 1.8.22 (cvsnt 2.5.02.2064) on Windows XP. We are using winbind and
sspi for authentication to a separate Active Directory Domain. There are
several users using the system, but this is the only person that has the
problem. I had him reboot, thinking his machine must have lost contact with
the domain controller or something, but it didn't help.

Does anybody have any further insight with this error message? What else
should I look for?

Thanks!

Brian