[cvsnt] Re: RCS integrity check

Randy McCharles RandyMcCharles at smarttech.com
Mon Feb 6 18:33:42 GMT 2006

Thanks Bo
I gave this a try. It did provide extensive information. From what I can tell most of it can be used to debug the installation/configuration of the viewcvs/cvs server. There was little additional information about the file being parsed or where python was getting hung up. i.e this file has 5800 lines and the python debug output does not indicate the source file line number it had trouble with. I did a more extensive visual inspection of the file and found the corruption and fixed it. I will send a request to viewcv, however, about somehow indicating where syntax errors in source files are.

Randy McCharles

SMART Technologies Inc.

Senior Software Developer

Tel. 403.802.3347  Fax 403.229.2531