[cvsnt] Re: Repository TAG behavior

Randy McCharles RandyMcCharles at smarttech.com
Mon Feb 6 22:34:19 GMT 2006

I have seen this before and the cause appeared to be some very large binary files that were put under source control. cvsnt appears to spend an inordinate amount of time tagging these large files, which I suspect the only requirement is to add a couple of lines of RCS text to the top of the file.
Regardless, one I noticed the large binaries, I immediately took them out of source control and the tag timeout problem went away. (As did other "wait" problems such as very long checkout times.)

Randy McCharles

SMART Technologies Inc.

Senior Software Developer

Tel. 403.802.3347  Fax 403.229.2531