[cvsnt] Problem wit binary files after upgrading server from 2.5.01.1976 to 2.5.03.2151

Daniel Lapolla ldlapolla at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 14:56:21 GMT 2006

Hi,

We have several binary files that were added with -kB option (binary
deltas).

They were added/modified when the server was still build 1976. We did a
test here and with a 2151 server running with a copy of the repository
we got the following error:

cvs -z9 commit -f -m "test message" -- SomeFile.doc (in directory
E:\Mymodule\Documents)
Checking in SomeFile.doc;
cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

The problem occurs with 2.0.51d and 2.5.03.2151 clients.

Does someone had a similar problem already? Is there a known fix or
workaround?

TIA

Daniel