[cvsnt] Stress Tests results for CVSNT/CVS/Subversion

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Feb 9 03:01:59 GMT 2006

Gerhard,

>Shouldn't the documentation be enough to consult
>before running such a test? In what is the test
>different from normal (hectic) use?

It's simply polite to ask.

Eg: we may know of a particular problem with a specific build that would
make it unsuitable for such a test - and it's a waste of everyones time
to proceed.

2nd Eg: if a problem is found we'd like the opportunity to resolve it
before the test set is dismantled.

Of significance to me is that build 2221 is one we rejected to send to
commercial support customers, though not specifically for that
(performance testing) reason.

We have millions of users using CVSNT and the majority are not affected
by this performance issue, but of course we will look into it...

Regards,

Arthur Barrett