[cvsnt] multiple repositories vs. multiple modules

Mark Johnson amarkjohnson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 15:42:22 GMT 2006

I'm running CVSNT 2.5.02 (Servlan) Build 2064 on Redhat linux.  I'm
supporting various different projects in various different locations,
which are not related.  Most are fairly new, and not very large.  So
far I have been putting them all in the same repository. I would like
to put each logical work group into a different repository. This would
allow each group to manage their own environment better, and not cause
any module conflicts. (as a side note, I'm using cvs acl's for
permissions, but cannot figure out how to prevent the creation of new,
top level, module.  New modules keep popping up from the various
groups).

Is there a reason why I should not run multiple repositories?  Does it
cause a performance problem?

I like the idea of having a new top-level module for each develpment
project, and having a separate repository for each development group
(a dev group may have many projects).  Is this a valid approach.

Thanks,

Mark