[cvsnt] What is the current max for CVSNT repositories?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Feb 10 16:52:26 GMT 2006

Tony,
I have tried to track down a CVSMailer user problem and now I found
the reason for the failure. It turns out that the user has set up no
less than 82 different *repositories*! CVSMailer scans the registry
for repository name-path pairs but only walks between 0 and 63 because
this was the limit at the time I started looking in the registry for
the info.
It seems like that is no longer the CVSNT limit...

So I have a few questions:

1) What is the current limit to the number of repositories?

2) What happens if one removes a repository in the middle of the
active number range? Will the CVSNT control panel renumber the
remaining repositories and fill the hole in the registry sequence or
will there be a registry entry with no data?

3) If there is no limit and the hole is not filled then how can one
tetermine exactly how many repositories are configured?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)