[cvsnt] Re: How to move repositories from windows to SuSE10?

Andreas Tscharner andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch
Mon Feb 13 09:30:39 GMT 2006

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> Is there a control panel for cvsnt on SuSE 10? If so, how do I invoke it?

AFAIK: No
The Repository configuration is in
/etc/cvsnt/PServer

> I want to move some repositories from my dual boot windows/linux machine to
> a dedicated cvsnt/SuSE server so I can access them from both windows and
> linux. Would I create empty repositories on SuSE, stop the cvsnt deamon (how
> do I do that?) and then copy on top of the empty repositories the good

I don't know how this is handled in SuSE. In Debian I've made a small
startscript, so I can
/etc/init.d/cvsnt stop
and it is stopped.

> repositories and restart the deamon?

Yes, that should work. The "empty" repositories will have the CVSROOT
directory. Be careful with them, maybe some manual work needs to be
done... (It's probably the safest way to not touch them first, check
them out, change the files in the sandbox and commit them)

Best regards
	Andreas

P.S. Don't forget to make backups first ;-)
Andreas Tscharner                          andreas.tscharner at metromec.ch