[cvsnt] Cvs remove does not work in builds 2221 and above...

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Mon Feb 13 09:45:24 GMT 2006

A couple of other reasons:

1. CVSNT is OpernSource. InnoSetup is OpenSource. But the MSI installer
is not.

2. CVSNT once upon a time used InstallShield to build the setups, then
it transferred to InnoSetup in order to make the system fully OpenSource
and to make it simple to actually version the setup source scripts.
This was done after some discussion and resulted in a fast and good
installer engine being used.

3. Other OpenSource projects like WinCvs bundle CVSNT but will not
convert to ClosedSource installers like the MSI one. So if you look at
WinCvs you will find that it comes with CVSNT 2.0.51d because that is
the latest official InnoSetup release there is...
An alternative for WinCvs is that you yourself get whatever installer
you need and install CVSNT then tell WinCvs where it is...

4. I believe Tortoise actually reverse engineers the CVSNT install by
extracting the files and putting them directly into the Tortoise client
installer (these CVSNT files wind up directly inside the Tortoise binary
folder). But of course doing a client install is simpler than doing a
server install.

Best regards,

Bo Berglund