[cvsnt] Audit question build 2238

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 14 20:10:16 GMT 2006

I am a bit confused about the way CVSNT puts data into the audit
database...
I have noticed that when I do a cvs commit there will be two records
created in the sessionlog, one with command = commit and one with
command = checkout. Strange, why is there a checkout?

But the thing that really puzzles me and which potentially can make it
very hard to parse the data is this:

There are two columns for the repository specification:
VirtRepos and PhysRepos.
All records show PhysRepos always with the physical path.
But, VirtRepos shows alternating the Name of the repository and the
path to the repository like this (records have been wrapped):

215 commit   2006-02-14 19:56:18.000 POLARIS.agiusa.com	bosse
160443f235e22c46 /KORVkiosk C:/DATA/CVSREPO/Bosse

216 checkout 2006-02-14 19:56:26.000 POLARIS bosse 11d043f235ea2c60
C:/DATA/CVSREPO/Bosse C:/DATA/CVSREPO/Bosse

Notice the way the repository nale is missing from the checkout
command record!
In fact all commands in my database except checkout shows the
repository name in VirtRepos.
And for checkout there are records both with the repository name and
the physical path as VirtRepos.

Strange.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)