[cvsnt] WIX installer engine for CVSNT?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Feb 14 21:35:52 GMT 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:00:24 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>> 1. CVSNT is OpernSource. InnoSetup is OpenSource. But the MSI installer
>> is not.
>
>Wix is opensource.  MSI is just the engine and is part of the OS - or
>would you have eveyone run Linux so they don't use any closed source parts?

Tony,
I went to SF to download WIX, but I think I have gotten the wrong
thing.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wix/
I downloaded something called votive2.msi, which installed some kind
of plug-in to Visual Studio 2003.
I expected a program to manage the wxs files...

When I open cvsnt.wxs (rightclick and select Open) what actually
happens is that VisualStudio opens and shows the wxs file in an editor
window just like in Notepad or UltraEdit...

Is this the way it is supposed to work?
Or is there a GUI front end to the installer engine somewhere?

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)