[cvsnt] Re: Help with Audit

Clovis Garcia clovis at phoebus.com.br
Thu Feb 16 03:15:36 GMT 2006

On 15/2/2006 21:02, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Flávio Etrusco wrote:
>  > This makes sense. Seems like a routine is expecting an utf-8 string,
>> detects a character code above 127, decides it'll use the next two
>> bytes for decoding the character but the bytes don't actually encode
>> an utf-8 char, so it converts to '?'...
>>

> That's entirely possible.  The code is a backport from 2.6 which
> operates in unicode always.
>
> Try switching on the UTF8 server in the control panel.
>
> Tony

Tony,

Switching the server to Unicode (I didn´t see this option before) solved
the problem with the database. Maybe a simple test into the Init method
of the MSSQLRecordSet (cvsapi/mssql/mssqlRecordSet.cpp, 188) avoiding
the conversion in the case of a non-Unicode server should be enough to
allow the usage of the audit without char code problems.

To change my server to Unicode I need to checout my projects again
because  of the error below.

cvs server: Updating .
cvs update: Translation from server codepage 'UTF-8' to client codepage
'CP1252' lost characters
cvs server: cannot open directory /PhSGQ/Tecnologia/Gerncia de
Desenvolvimento/Implementao/SISPACC/POS/src: No such file or directory
cvs server: skipping directory

After the new checkout almost everything worked fine. I had to commit my
modules2 file again, because the modules defined there were not recognized.

cvs -w -d :sspi;username=clovis;hostname=192.168.1.1:/PhSGQ checkout -P
-d SISPAC_ -- SISPAC (in directory X:\Ok\b121705)
cvs server: cannot find module `SISPAC' - ignored