[cvsnt] Re: Help with Audit

Clovis Garcia clovis at phoebus.com.br
Thu Feb 16 13:25:01 GMT 2006

On 16/2/2006 10:11, Tony Hoyle wrote:
> Clovis Garcia wrote:
>>
>>> cvs update: Translation from server codepage 'UTF-8' to client
>>> codepage 'CP1252' lost characters
>>>
>>> After the modification some files are presenting the message above
>>> after a update.
>
> How are you doing the update?
>
> I've been running with utf8 servers almost permanently for months and
> not had this issue.  The cvsnt.org server itself runs entirely in utf8.
>
> Tony
Tony,

I´m using the 2.5.03.2151, is this the same you are using? My scenario
is that I´ve always worked with non-Unicode server and yesterday I
checked the option to use the Unicode. No other changed has been done
and my files already checked-in has some characters with accent (code
above 127). My client is WinCVS and when I´m doing an update (just after
doing a new checkout) it present´s that message. Doing a diff it showed
me that the high code chars are missing. Let me know if I missed some
step related with the conversion to a Unicode server.

Clovis