[cvsnt] Re: Help with Audit

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu Feb 16 19:57:59 GMT 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:53:44 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:18:54 -0300, Clovis Garcia
><clovis at phoebus.com.br> wrote:
>
>Now I did a test on my W2003 Enterprise Server, which is running build
>2182:
>
>1) I changed the server to be unicode in the control panel
>
>2) Then I checked out a module that contains a file with a strange
>name: "File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt"
>I did this using my client 2244 build
>
>3) The files seem to come over fine, so I edited the file with the
>strange name and tried to commit with a commit message using Swedish
>characters too. The result is copied from WinCvs:
>
>cvs commit -m "Nu skriver jag svenska ord med åkomma och ärlighet samt
>övrigt samt lite andra å..." -- "File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt" (in directory
>F:\Engineering\Projects\w2003srv\tst\Imports\First\)
>Checking in File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt;
>/Test/Imports/First/File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt,v  <--  File with
>ÅÄÖ_name.txt
>cvs server: File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt: No such file or directory
>cvs [server aborted]: error diffing File with ÅÄÖ_name.txt
>
>***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****
>
>So what's the take on this?
>Should I first update to build 2244 and then try again?

Did not help, same situation as before. These files are not found or
cannot be handled during commit. But they can be checked out...

Setting back the server by unchecking unicode checkbox solves the
commit problem.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)