[cvsnt] Stress Tests results for CVSNT/CVS/Subversion

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sun Feb 19 00:49:28 GMT 2006

Rahul,

>At considerable expense to us, our QA recreated the testbed
>and re-ran the stress test and was able to again re-produce
>the problem.

This newsgroup is for for people who are volunteering to contribute to
the open source CVSNT project.  If you are not happy to contribute -
don't.  If you are happy to contribute then go right ahead.  There are
plenty of people here who have made much larger sacrifices to contribute
than you.

When you find a problem in open source software - providing basic
diagnostics is good etiquette, nothing to brag about.

>Once we can get to the bottom of this, we will be happy to
>recommend CVSNT.

Who are you that we should be oh-so-overwhelmed by your recommendation?

WANDisco have no affiliation with March Hare Software or the CVSNT
project and are not recommended by the project developers for any tools
or support in any way shape or form.

In addition WANdisco have shown a clear lack of technical expertise in
this thread (eg: not knowing about or running a simple diagnostic when
an error occurs) as well as in patches submitted to the gnu cvs project
(eg: patch #4573).

March Hare Software do not recommend WANdisco for software or services
related to CVSNT since there are no features supplied by their products
that are not available in the free open source version of CVSNT.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett