[cvsnt] File extensions not supported by cvs commit

Reginald FROLI rfroli at memsoft.fr
Mon Feb 20 09:48:22 GMT 2006

I’m trying to add files with extension ".$B$” to a CVSNT server, but I
always receive the following error message:

"C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe"

"-q" "commit" "-m" "" "fichiers/00000001.$B$"

CVSROOT=:pserver:jod at 62.201.201.201/cvsrepos

cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'Þ'.

cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'Þ'.

Checking in fichiers/00000001.$B$;

cvs server: Unknown expansion option 'Þ'.

cvs server: invalid RCS expansion flags

The problem lies in the fact that the last character is a dollar: if the
file name is “000000.$B1” then it works normallyy.

I tried to call cvs.exe on the command line: same result.

As I’m using TortoiseCVS, I also tried to add the *.$B$ extension to
TortoiseCVS.Filetypes, but it changed nothing.

Is there anything to configure on server Side?

Thanks,

-Reginald