[cvsnt] Notify mail

Albe alberto.difede at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:06:54 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to make the embedded email sender work.
In particular the notify_email script. I followed the manual
instructions, adding the template file to checkoutlist, adding and
committing the template, adding line:

DEFAULT template

to notify_email, enabling the email sender in /etc/cvsnt/Plugins file
and pointing MailServer and EmailDomain to localhost in
/etc/cvsnt/PServer file.

I'm using two different users, one (A) will set the watch and the other
(B) doing operation on the same file: nothing happens. I expected to see
at least some kind of operation logged in my system logs, but no signs.

Furthermore when modifying and committing a file with an "edit" applied
by the same user (B), the operation works fine but at the end i get this
message:

cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

This is strange since in fact the file has been committed. On the client
it looks as it still has to be committed, but if i update it it gets the
new revision.

This doesn't happen if i do it with user A, always with the edit applied
from user B.

I'm using client and server version 2.5.0.3.2151. My sendmail works,
since i'm able to get notify email with a normal CVSROOT/notify command.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alberto