[cvsnt] Purging a folder from the repository

Mike mike at boxwoodtech.com
Tue Feb 21 18:56:15 GMT 2006

An extraneous folder was accidentally added to one of our modules.  I'd
like to remove all traces of the folder from the repository.  I did a
bit of searching on this and the only thing I came across was a 5 year
old posting that said the only way to do it is to go into the
repository's underlying file structure and delete the folder there.  I
realize this isn't proper file "accounting", but the folder is
completely irrelevant, and it mucks up our otherwise pristine file
structure.   :)

So I was wondering:

A) Is this still an acceptable method?

B) Is there a better way?

Thanks a bunch for your help!  CVSNT is the greatest!

- Mike