[cvsnt] how to rename branch in CVSNT

klg abaklg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 08:25:36 GMT 2006

Hello!

We have module (directory) M1 and module M2 in repository R.

In M1 we have a branch "b_something" and in M2 we have branch
"b_Something" (note the capital 'S').
CVSNT recognises those branch names as different ones.

Branch "b_Something" was created by mistake and should have name
"b_something".

Could someone tell me how to rename the "b_Something" branch to
"b_something" with preservation of the whole branch history?

Does CVSNT has any support for this?

Or is it needed to substitute "b_Something" strings directly in *,v
files in the repository?
If yes does anyone know any script which can do this safely?

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d.
SuSe Server 8.0

Thank you in advance,

DS