[cvsnt] Re: Connection reset (server not responsive)...

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Sat Feb 25 23:14:20 GMT 2006

Matthew wrote:
> 1. Any insight as to what is going on (or if not help with one of the
> questions below)...
> 2. Where CVSNT stores its configuration settings (I have looked in the
> registry, the CVSNT install directory and the CVS repository directories
> and can find nothing).
> 3. Can the cvsservice be run to provide more logging into than simply
> 'process started' and 'process terminated' messages. Where can one set
> the logging level.

Typically what you describe can be attributed to Firewall or AV
breakage, but it sounds like you've taken some solid steps to
investigate that.  There's a utility called cvsdiag that is in the CVS
install directory that will dump out some info that can help determine
what is going on.

You can run the CVS service at the command prompt with "cvsservice -test".

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett