[cvsnt] Re: Problem wit binary files after upgrading server from 2.5.01.1976 to 2.5.03.2151

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Feb 26 23:30:27 GMT 2006

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:30:14 -0700, "Mark Johnson"
<amarkjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>>I suggest that any reports like this are first verified against the
>>latest version of CVSNT. Whatever it is you are having trouble with
>>might well have been found and fixed in the meantime.
>>Build 2088 is about 6 months old, which is an eternity in the CVSNT
>>project.
>>Right now "stable" is at 2151 and release candidate is at 2244
>
>Good suggestion in an ideal world, but I don't have a separate linux
>server for testing, and cannot change my production box.  This was a
>stable release when I installed it.  I am not opposed to upgrading,
>but only if I have a good reason, and so far, it does not appear that
>the reason for this problem is known.

The reason I made my remark is that since your version there have been
many testing releases and even a few "stable" ones. If you could
verify that the problem also exists in the very latest version then it
saves backtracking to your version in order to find the problem.
And I believe that "stable" is not the same as "guaranteed
bug-free"...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)